Παρασκευή 23 Μαρτίου 2012

Bryan Kent Ward

He is a contemporary surreal-horror artist. We read in his bio some interesting personal views:

I've been doing visual art since I can remember, influenced by the Surrealists and the discovery of Entheogens at a young age. More recently finding an affiliation with the ongoing and ever burgeoning Fantastic/Visionary art movement, through this I have been making connections and expanding my horizons.


Since I was a child I have always been fascinated by the fantastic, surreal, the strange and the weird, and also have been drawn to the shadow side of expressing myself. In my work I have a tendency to visualize death and darkness, sometimes obvious, other times more subtle. I feel I try to capture the duality of this existence, the paradox of love and hate, light and dark. I feel with some of my darker work I am drawing and painting the beauty of a lamentation. For me this includes the mourning but without the regret: that sorrow, sadness, suffering and tears should be embraced as a part of a beautiful human experience and not be wholly shunned. This process in creating my art is transformative, and reflects an evolution towards something within and yet beyond myself. I think through my art I am trying to communicate my experience to others, and I have some kind of need to express this "beauty in lamentation."


As for any absolute meaning in my work I think the power of visual art is that it's open to the individual's interpretation. Question what you see, consider what you don't, draw your own conclusions. Visit his SITE for more of his work









Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου